About Professional Word Services
Professional Word Services principal Paula Ruzek is a media-trained writer, editor and proofreader (suburban press, The Age, BRW) who has more than 25 years’ experience working with businesses of all sizes, professional associations, publishing houses, educational institutions, not-for-profits and government.
Paula is a highly skilled and versatile wordsmith who enjoys writing a persuasive executive summary as the climax of completing a tender response; editing and organising documents so that the words sing in unison; and gleefully proofreading to find those final few errors that everyone else has missed.
She’s worked on hundreds of different assignments since leaving full-time employment (10 years) in the mainstream media to focus on what she could achieve through Professional Work Services. It’s been a satisfying mixture of hard work, fun, fantastic people passionate about their businesses, and continuous learning and improvement.
Paula has helped her clients to:
• win new business worth millions of dollars
• win industry awards
• improve their brand image through high-quality written communication
• communicate persuasively with their target markets
• showcase their expertise to prospects and clients
• polish important documents for public release
• meet tight publication deadlines
• present a competent and professional public ‘face’
• improve the quality and correctness of their written communication.
Before moving into Professional Word Services full-time, Paula worked on the Melbourne suburban press as a journalist and subeditor, at The Age as a subeditor (across several desks), and at BRW magazine as a subeditor and proofreader. Through PWS, she has held positions as editor of HRMonthly (Australian Human Resources Institute, nine years) and editor of Marketing Update (Australian Marketing Institute, nine years).
A more detailed profile can be viewed on LinkedIn (as a logged in member).
BA (Journalism), RMIT
Senior commercial writer, editor and proofreader
Photo: Anna Wolf